It’s “Groundhog Day” All Over Again as Jeep® Brand Debuts Big Game Spot Starring Bill Murray as “Phil Connors” From Iconic 1993 Film
- Jeep® brand launches 60-second “Groundhog Day” television commercial during Super Bowl LIV on Sunday, February 2, 2020, (Groundhog Day) with Bill Murray, reprising his famous role as Phil Connors from original 1993 film
- Additionally, Brian Doyle Murray (Buster Green) and Stephen Tobolowsky (Ned Ryerson) reprise their original film roles in the commercial
- The commercial puts a twist on original film by featuring the 2020 Jeep Gladiator as Phil Connors’ “getaway vehicle” with the groundhog
- The commercial was filmed in Woodstock, Illinois, the same location as original 1993 film
- A longer-form video can be found on Jeep’s digital and social channels on Monday (2/3)
- The Big Game and Groundhog Day fell on the same day for only the second time in the Super Bowl’s 54-year history.
February 2, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - In its return to the Big Game, the Jeep® brand debuts a 60-second commercial starring Bill Murray ...